One of my mentors once shared this list of 10 life rules with me. This amazing lady taught me wisdom I still swear by today. Apply these to all situations in your life and I can guarantee you’ll live more peacefully.
The 10 Presuppositions for Success
1. Everyone has their unique point of view and we must learn to understand and respect that.
Just because you see something one way, does not mean anyone else does.
2. Never judge a person by their behaviour. It’s not who they are.
Go beyond the behavior using your empathy. Why are they acting this way?
3. You are in charge of your mind.
You get to decide how your mind works and you are in control and responsible for how it reacts.
4. There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
Simple. Learn and move on.
5. We are all 100% responsible for our communication.
There’s no one you can blame for your outburst of emotions. We can learn to become assertive communicators, instead of aggressive or passive.
6. The more flexible you are in terms of your behaviour, the more control you’ll have over a situation.
Let go of the need to control an outcome.
7. All behaviour is either designed to avoid pain or seek pleasure.
8. There is no such thing as a person who needs fixing. We all work perfectly.
No exceptions. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.
9. Modelling successful performance if what leads to excellence. Make it your own.
Study those who have succeeded in a field, model their moves by adding your own touch of individuality.
10. Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available to them.
And only when we know better, do we do better.
Now ask yourself -
Which rule, if any, produced some resistance when you read it? (Feel free to send me an email to discuss, if so - I love debate!)
Which rule(s) are you already implementing in your day-to-day?
How could you introduce one of these rules to your life?